I have just set a date for our Christmas Party, which will be a Treasure Hunt to raise money for the 3 Coastrek Teams on Friday the 18th of November. I will email you all the details by the end of the day.
This weekend I am running 100km through the bush along the Great North Walk.
I have not been on the trail before, I just have to hope that the training I have been doing will be enough to get me a great time.
I will be running the 100km mainly by myself as there are only 12 Women entered in the event and 130 people entered in both the 100 Mile and 100km race together.
There are few sign posts, the trail is not “Marked every 500m” like a normal race, so I will have to use my navigational skills to get me through.
I will be running with a map, and colour coded directions in my hand, constantly checking and cross referencing my position whilst I try and take a chunk out of the record for the fastest women’s time.
I will be climbing hills up to 550m, so twice the height of Oxfam Climbs, but there are fewer mountains to conquer. I have 8 major climbs in the 100km and they are steep, climbing up over 500m three times.
There are only 3 check points, so I will have to carry enough food and water for 30km. There are 2 extra Unmanned drink stops on the trail, but we have been told we can only fill up if needed, and we must limit our intake from these stops to less than 2L. I have to rely on my own food and water at the stop to prevent the event from running out of supplies, so i have to be super organised with my food and water consumption.
What is on my side is the huge descent from the 85km for 15km mark from 404m to 50m at the finish.
The fastest time a female has ever run for the event is 15 Hours 15 minutes. My North Face 100km time was 12 Hours 50 Minutes. I think I can do better than her previous time, so I am going to give it a crack.
I think I am going to do well, I just have to run to my own goals and hope that is good enough to get me a position.
On the Weekend Lauren, Kellie, Paula and Myself discovered a new route that all you North Siders could take to Taronga Zoo. We headed off from Cremorne Pt a long the Harbour, past Mosman Wharf, to Taronga. We had to stop once to get out iPhones out to check the map but we managed to find a set of nasty stairs to the absolute horror of Lauren who was suppose to be resting her hip and staying flat.
We had to do some walking to manage her injury. We accomplished the 7.8km in the hour and we were just happy to have discovered a new part of beautiful Sydney!!!
( I have seen Lauren since and her hip is getting better, we are just being really gentle with it at the moment until it has healed).
Kellie E, and Kathy ran 25km down south in preparation for the Glenbrook Marathon.
Renae and Mia ran 17km to get some extra time on their legs.
Jeff ran the Spit to Manly and Back again in about 2 hours.
Treasure Hunt and Christmas Party and Coastrek Fundraiser
Friday Night the 18th of November the Rocks!!!!!!
Mark this into your Calendar
Cost $20/ Person
My clients receive a 20% Discount.
I am going to Order more 2XU Products.
If you would like anything from the range email me and I will send you a PDF of the Order Form.
We receive 20% off the entire range.
Keep cool in this summer in a Great Outdoor Runners Singlet.
I have especially chosen the fabric to be cool, dry and light to avoid chaffing and sweating.
The fabric dry’s quickly and is extremely cool. It also does not hold odours.
I still have a few available and they are $40/per singlet. But hurry as some sizes are selling fast.
I always have them in my car, so ask me about them at your next session.
Sonya Renyolds from the Rite Bite Visited Carrs Park on Thursday last week.
I had my reading gain and I was again happy with my results.
I will be organising it for the groups so please tell me if you wish to have it done.
It cost $40 and it is one of the best indicators of your health and fitness without having to do an invasive test. At the bottom of the page I will have one of my readings for you to have a look at.
- 12/11/11 The Great North Walk 100km
- 13/11/11 Bare Creek Trail Run 6km and 10km http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-7924-0-0-0
- Newtown Festival weekend
- 18/11/2011 Christmas Party Friday Night Treasure Hunt “Coastrek Fundraiser”.
- 19/11/2011 I think I will be hung over........but you can run if you like
- 26/11/2011 Optional Team Training 28km Either this session or the Glenbrook Marathon must be completed.
- 27/11/2011 Central Coast 10km,1/2 Marathon http://centralcoasthalfmarathon.com/
- 27/11/2011 Glenbrook Marathon http://www.runningwildnsw.com/glenbrook/
- 17/12/2011 Coastrek Training Session 33km Important Session
- 8/01/2011 Explorer’s Tree to Cox’s River 30km Return
- 14/01/2011 Coastrek Training Session 36km Important Session
- 28/01/2011 Coastrek Training Session 38km Important Session
- 5/02/2012 Megalong Mega 36km On the 6 Foot Track
- 11/02/2011 Coastrek Training Session 45km Important Session
- 18/02/2011 6 Foot Training Jenolan Caves Rd to Coxes River and Back Again 30km Return
- 2/03/2012 Coastrek 50km
- 10/03/2012 “6 Foot Track” Marathon 45km
- 8/04/2011 TNF Training Kings Tableland Circ
- 28/04/2011 TNF Training Katoomba Circ
- 19/05/2012 The North Face 100km
- Oxfam 2012