I have recovered from my icy first 2.3km B2B Ocean Swim and The GNW, and I am feeling speedy again. I was able to run intervals twice this week and I have recovered well from both sessions. This is a first for me ever. Maybe it is mental, or maybe I just have everything working correctly finally. I am feeling so strong, and fast.
On Tuesday at 2:30pm I was interviewed on the sports radio station SYN by Dougal Austin straight after the Australian Champion 100m Sprinter Matt Shirvington. I was so flattered to be thought of. It was so nice to be recognised as a true athlete, it was such a fun and extrodinary experience. As soon as I get the pod cast of the interview I will up load it to my blog.
Also this week, the 2 winners of the GNW 100 Mile Meredith Quinlan and Andrew Vize were interviewed on Fox Sports. Here is their interview below. They too are both champions of the sport and they deserve the recognition.
Ultra Endurance Running is a new sport, a sport that is just finding it feet now. We are pushing the boundaries every race we enter, we are all just seeing how far the body can go. I think it is one of the last frontiers of athletics and it is an exciting sport to be involved in at the present moment. Records are being broken all over the world as information about nutrition and hydration improve.
Also there was a movie screening this week about the Western States 100 Mile Ultra.
Here is the link below.
For the first time I have 2 clients entered in the world famous 6 Foot Track 45km Ultra Marathon (Technically anything over 42.4km is classed as an Ultra, especially if it is on a trail) 6 Foot Track is in Blue Mountains.
Kellie Ellis and Renae van der Pol are in. Mia and Kathy are on the waiting list. The race starts at the Explorers Tree in Katoomba and finishes at the Janolan Caves. Renae and Kathy have to run 34km next weekend in the Blue Mountains on the Glenbrook Trail Running Festival to qualify. They both ran Coastrek 50km last year, so the distance should be not a problem for them. Let's all wish them the best of luck with their qualifying run. Brian has entered the Glenbrook Marathon with me. I think it will be a great race between us. He has also just entered TNF 100km Ultra in May. We are both entered in this epic race.
My Christmas Holidays
I am on Holidays from the 24th of December until Thursday the 5th of January.
I may do a bootcamp at 6am on the 4th of December if anyone is interested just let me know.
Coastrek 50km Training Session
Date:10th of December
Where: Long Reef SLSC to Bilgola
Time: Meet at 5:45am for a 6am Start at the Long Reef SLSC.
Mia will need a lift to the start of the training session as Liz is now really sick.
I would give Mia a lift to the start, but I am going to be down in Huskisson.
Goal Time: 5.5 Hours
Fuel Intake: 11 Gels, 1 Power Bar or Cookie, eat the Power Bar or Cookie First or break it up into bite size pieces and eat 1 bite at 15min intervals.
Sir Chinmoy 14km
Where: Centennial Park
Distance: 4km, 7km, 14km
Time: 8am Registration from 6:45am
Cost: $25, $30, $35 On the Day. (cheaper if you enter online)
Brian is doing this race. It will be a trail run around Centennial Park.
I have ordered 4 extra black visors for summer. They are $16 each. Let me know if you want one.
I also have a spare XS Elite Compression Short $88. (I should never have placed an order after running 100km) Let me know if would like me to put it aside for you.
Pink Team Treasure Hunt Winners
Please remind me to give you your running singlet prize this week.
Races To Enter ASAP
Enter the 6.5km Sun Run from Dee Why to Manly, no excuses
The Cole Classic, 1km, 2km and 9km swim, yes people can swim for 9km, I’m doing the 2km.
- 10/12/2011 Coastrek Training 33km from Long Reef to Bilgola and Back Again
- 17/12/2011 Coastrek Training Session 33km Important Session Long Reef to Bilgola Return
- 18/12/2011 Glenbrook Marathon re-schedule (6 Foot Track Qualifier) 25km,34km 42km
- 3/01/2011 Explorer's Tree to Cox's River 30km Return Tuesday the Public Holiday.
- 8/01/2011 Explorer’s Tree to Cox’s River 30km Return
- 14/01/2011 Coastrek Training Session 36km Important Session.
- 22/01/2011 Megalong Mega Run as a Running Group 36km (I sadly can’t be in the real run.)
- 28/01/2011 Coastrek Training Session 38km Important Session.
- 04/02/2011 Sun Run 5.6km from Dee Why to Manly 6.5km. No excuses.
- 05/02/2011 Cole Classic 2km Swim, Shelly Beach to Manly, yes I am swimming again.
- 11/02/2011 Coastrek Training Session 45km Important Session!!!!
- 18/02/2011 6 Foot Training Jenolan Caves Rd to Coxes River and Back Again 30km Return Option 1
- 19/02/2011 1/2 Iron Man Huskisson 2, Triathlon Series
- 25/02/2011 6 Foot Training Jenolan Caves Rd to Coxes River and Back Again 30km Return Option 2
- 2/03/2012 Coastrek 50km
- 10/03/2012 “6 Foot Track” Marathon 45km
- 8/04/2011 TNF Training Kings Tableland Circ
- 28/04/2011 TNF Training Katoomba Circ
- 19/05/2012 The North Face 100km
- Oxfam 2012.