I am the luckiest trainer in the world.
I thank you so much for supporting me throughout 2011 and I only hope 2012 is as good as 2011.
We have all had our ups and downs, injuries and illnesses, but I think we have all finished the year stronger. This time last year I was taking a full week off to rehab some stress fractures in my feet. This year, they are fully healed and I will be able to train through my holiday. We have come a long way in 2011. Check out the achievements below, I have completed a re-cap of results from our running club and client weight loss achievements.
For my holiday, I'm heading back to South West Rocks for an Aussie Christmas by the beach. I plan on spending some much needed time with my immediate family, Mikey and the Kids. I will be swimming, running and riding my way around South West Rocks. Keisha and Milla both have new bikes, I have to run to keep up with them. I can't wait to get them on the bike track at the beach. They will be good pacers for me when I am out training.
I hope you all have the best holiday you can have.
Enjoy the company of your friends and family and take a well deserved rest.
Weekend Running Clubs
- On the weekend, we were all over Sydney and surrounds.
- Renae and I headed out to the Leura in the Blue Mountains and clocked up 30-39km on some georgous trails. I have written a blog about it, check the last blog,with training notes.
- Brian completed 50km around the city beaches.
- Kellie and Kathy completed 28km down at the Royal National Park.
- Zandra and Mia completed 33km in 5 hours 8 minutes on the Northern Beaches.
- Jane M was back training with the group after coming back from a achllies injury. Jane Managed to complete 15km.
- Leanne, looks like she is back in action for Coastrek Training. She will start back slowly at first as Jane has done. We welcome her back into the training group.
Outstanding Weight Loss Achievements
- I look at what all my clients have achieved and I just have to be proud.
- The stand out weight loss clients of 2011 are;
- Zandra has lost 11 kilos.
- Cheesie has lost 12 kilos.
- Sarah has lost 12 kilos.
- John has lost 8 kilos with me and a whopping 18 kilos since the beginning of the year.
- Gretel lost 8 kilos before wanting to have another baby ,and is now 8 months pregnant, she is expecting in Febuary.
- Michelle has lost 6 kilos since April, and has kept the weight off, she is now a runner and is totally hooked.
Outstanding Athletic Achievements
- Coastrek 2011, Great Outdoor Runners Go Go's 1st Position Outright. Lesley, Mia, Renae, Shona
- Coastrek 2011, Great Outdoor Runners Flyers 2nd Position, 4th overall Jane M, Kathy, Kellie, Sophie
- Natasha and Kate W also finished the 50km event.
- Oxfam 2011 Great Outdoor Runners 2nd Position, 8th Overall. Lesley, Mia, Shona, Suzy.
- Jane M finished Oxfam in 5th gen position, and Julia Hoets completed her first 100km with her work team.
- Shona 6 Foot Track 4 hours 32 min 9th Position
Sydney 1/2 Marathon
- Renae van der Pol, 1 Hour 44 Minutes
- Kathy Johnson, 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Lesley Greenwell, 1 hour 45 Minutes
- Mia Rose, 1 Hour 46 Minutes
- Julia Hoets, 1 Hour 55 Minutes
- Kellie Ellis 1Hour 53 Minutes
- Lucy Fenton, 2 Hours 42 Minutes (Sick)
The North Face 100km
- Shona TNF 100km 12 Hours 50 min 6th Position
- Jane Montgomery, 20 Hours 15 Minutes
- Suzy Cipollone, 19 Hours 37 Minutes
The Great Nosh
- Shona 77:50 1st Position Gen
- Renae van der Pol, 93:43, 8th (cat/gen)
- Lesley Greenwell, 94:45, 9th (cat/gen)
- Kellie Ellis ,95:09, 10th (cat/gen)
- Mia Rose, 95:10, 11th (cat/gen)
- Suzy Cipollone, 99:45, 16th (cat/gen)
- Julia Hoets, 107:15, 12th (cat/gen)
- Zandra Rhodes, 111:43, 15th (cat/gen )
- Kathrine Cheeseman, 127:31, 37 (cat/gen)
- Gretel Connell, 131:44, 38 (cat/gen)
- Kim Grant 131:44 39 (cat/gen)
- Sophie Roberts 136:27 40 (cat/gen)
- Shona Stephenson 1 hour 48 Minutes 23 Sec 4th Position 1st in her Category
- Kellie Ellis 2 hours 20 minutes 51 sec 21st in her Category
- Kathy 52:36
- Kellie E 54:15
- Liz 55:47
- Katrina 57:08
- Matt Grant 1:02:49 ( Kim's Husband, she had to look after the kids)
- Michelle 1:08:57
- Brian 58:23 (The first time I have been beaten, he is fast.)
- Shona 59:23 (I will write Flu affected, I wanted to give up running DOWN the first hill.)
- Renae 66:01 (PB by 12 Minutes)
- Kathy 70:34 (First Time)
- Mia 72:20 (PB by 10 Minutes)
- Julia 77:42 (First Time)
- Lauren 87:34 (First Time)
- Jayne 79:18 (PB by 10 Minutes)
- Karen 82:59 (PB by 9 Minutes)
- Michelle 91:14 minutes (First Time,could not run a lap around an oval back in April. Most Improved.)
- Suzy 91:25 minutes (Going Slow, Running with her sister)
- Cheesy 102:54 minutes (Injured Calf and an 8 Minute Toilet Stop! CHEESYYYYYYYYYYY)
- Ian Rose 1:28
- Jayne Andrews 1:58
- Liz 1:58 (First 1/2 Marathon)
- Kellie C 2:04
- Zandra 49:57
- Chris 52:15
- Michelle 55:25
- Andrea 58:35
- Sally 58:46
- Amanda 1:00:41
- Lauren 1:01:07 (sick with gastro)
- Chantal 1:05:49
- Shona, 2 hours 57 min 30 sec, 1st Female.
- Kellie Ellis, 3 Hours 48 Min 33 sec, 34th Female
- Mia Rose, 4 Hours 9 min 10 mSec, 50th Female
- Shona 12 Hours 48 min 2nd position overall,
- 1st Gen position, breaking the record by 2 hours 22 minutes.
Okay back to training.
Explorers Tree to Cox's River Return 30km
Tuesday the 3rd of January 2012 at 9am.
Let's get back into training early this year.
I am running a free session in the Blue Mountains.
Meet at 9am
Location at the Explorers Tree Great Western Hwy left hand side after Katoomba.
Meeting point is at the Start of the 6 Foot Track.
It is a return run, so you can decide how far you should go.
A nice run is to go to the Megalong Valley Rd, 16km return, or to run in 10km and run out 10km so 20km return. The 20km return you get to see some amazing scenery, and is worth the extra 4km.
I will be running 15km to the Cox's River then returning 15km so 30km in total.
This usually takes me about 3 hours 40 something minutes, so it is tough.
But when you make it out you are so much stronger!
You will need a camel bak, or some form of hydration.
It is usually stinking hot whenever I train in that gorge.
You will also need food every 30 min- 45 minutes.
I tape my ankles for this training run, it might be a good idea to do the same.
There are some really cool bush stairs at the start of the track.....
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I hope 2012 is as successful as 2011.